Send a request
Send us your request for any issue you are interested in and we’ll provide you with a tailored offer as soon as possible!
Account Opening Proposal for
Hellenic Bank (Cyprus)1
P.O. Box 24747, 1394 Nicosia, Cyprus
The bank was founded in 1974 with the assistance of Bank of America. The bank has a wide network of offices in Cyprus and Greece. The major shareholder of Hellenic Bank is Greek Orthodox Church and other Cypriot banks, major insurance companies, and private individuals.
Fitch: BB-/B; Moody's: Caa2/E
Account management methods
Internet bank (in Russian/English), fax (with code tables)
Types of Accounts
|Current, investment savings|
USD, EUR, RUR
Accounts are multi-currency.
Minimum monthly balance and other bank's requirements to its clients
The initial deposit for the account activation amounts to EUR 200.
Minimum balance - EUR 250 000 (for an investment savings account).
The bank reserves the right to require any documents (contracts, agreements, payment invoices, statements of source of client's funds etc.) both prior to the account opening and upon the execution of payments on the account.
Account opening: free of charge
Account closing: free of charge
Account maintenance: EUR 300 per year (to be charged quarterly)
- in EUR: free of charge - EUR 40 (depends on the payment amount and destination country);
- in foreign currency: EUR 5 - EUR 40
Outgoing payments: upon request
Enabling of Internet bank service: EUR 10
Maintenance of Internet bank service: free of charge
Correspondence custody: EUR 180 per year
|Investment Programs ||Bank offers various investment programs.|
Short description of account opening procedure
Filling in and signature of the forms required for bank account opening, and all other actions necessary for account opening take place in the bank's representative office with the presence of our specialist of Banking Services Department. The presence of the beneficiary and the account signatory is obligatory.
Documents and information necessary to open the account:
- originals of corporate documents and seal of the company;
- business description of the client (in free format);
- provision of information about the address of actual conduct of business is obligatory;
- originals of documents certifying the identity and residence address of the beneficiary and the account signatory;
- notice of an account or a card held by the beneficiary and the account signatory in other foreign or Russian bank.
Terms of account activation (approximate)
10 business days from the date of receipt by the bank of all specified documents, information and initial deposit.
Fees for account opening assistance
Note! Important information!
In case of the bank's refusal to open the account:
1) due to the fault of our officer, 100% of the cost of account opening services shall be refunded to a client;
2) due to other reason, e.g. if the bank found information about the client in the Internet, which appears suspicious to the bank, or if the bank ceased to open accounts for companies with the given activity or with partners from certain countries etc., 50% of the cost of account opening services shall be refunded to a client;
3) due to the client's fault to submit necessary information/documents to the bank, or if the client provided the bank with a false information etc., services of the company shall be deemed rendered in full, and the cost of account opening services shall not be refunded.
1 Information as of January 2016.
2 Only short list of rates is given in this section. The complete list may be provided upon request.